Peer Mentoring Program
Mentoring programs are used by 70% of Fortune 500 companies and about a quarter of smaller companies. Mentoring benefits the mentor, mentee, and the organization as a whole. Studies show that mentoring programs improve diversity of organizations, increase employee retention and satisfaction, and improve organizational environment. Below are just a few benefits of mentoring.
Benefits of being a Mentor
- Improved communication skills
- Development of leadership skills
- Reinforcement of skills and knowledge
- Added sense of purpose
- Expanded professional network
Benefits of being a Mentee
- Increased skills and knowledge
- Learning from the experience of others
- Increased personal and professional confidence
- Increased communication skills
- More effective goal setting
Benefits to the organization
- Increased employee retention
- Demonstrated investment in employees
- Reduction in training costs
- Development of high-potential leaders
- Creates a collaborative and inclusive environment
MPN believes that mentoring is vital in the promotion of professionalism and sustainability of Peer Support. We are committed to supporting the workforce by connecting experienced BHPSS with new BHPSS in mutually beneficial mentoring relationships in several ways.
Peer Supporter to Peer Supporter (PS2PS) groups have formed in various locations across the state. Anyone working as a CBHPSS is welcome to be a part of these meetings. This allows Peer Supporters to keep current on the changes in the profession, share challenges and successes, and get advice from others in the field outside of clinical supervision and without peers present. For more information or to find a local or online PS2PS meeting, please contact Ashley.
The full MPN Peer Mentoring Program is reserved for paid BHPSS members. Benefits of the full program include:
- Opportunity to become a mentor for new Peer Supporters.
- Mentoring for new Peer Supporters from experienced Peer Supporters.
- Networking opportunities.
- Priority access to CEU offerings.
- Access to our live discussion forums.
- Get your questions answered and find support.
- This is a chance for Peer Supporters to network and talk about Peer Support topics.
- First Wednesday of each month 12:00pm-1:00pm.
- Access to our monthly Speed Skills Webinars
- 30 minutes to brush up on a skill or learn a new one.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10:30 am or 4th Wednesday of each month at noon.
- .25 CEU available.