Montana’s Peer Network is a peer run 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to provide opportunities for recovery across Montana.
We are a network of 450+ individuals across Montana in recovery from mental health substance abuse and or addictions struggles. We provide information, education, training, support and resources across the state using our own “lived experience” of recovery.
Contact our office at 406- 551- 1058
109 East Lewis Street, Livingston, MT 59047
What’s happening at MPN!
Overview of the latest happenings, news, reports and information.
Requires knowledge of social media (Facebook, Youtube, web updates, podcasting, webinars)
Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies: a peer approach is a wellness program from Montana’s Peer Network that provides education around the importance of whole health wellness, trauma informed care and peer support. We do this by providing interactive workshops, webinars and through the use of social media. Our workshops are led by individuals in recovery from a mental health diagnosis who bring their own unique perspective to wellness. Together with attendees they will explore the mind body connection and the importance of overall wellbeing for successful recovery.
Coming Soon! Livingston, Bozeman, Butte, Missoula, Helena, Kalispell
- Recovery Coach Pilot Project
Montana’s Peer Network Recovery Coach Pilot Project will provide community based recovery coaches to Gallatin and Park County. Activities provided by the pilot project will include:
- Working in conjunction with the Crisis Intervention Team to provide outreach and support to those in need
- Will respond as needed and when appropriate to those in crisis
- On site will provide peer support as an alternative option to more intensive/costly services
- Coordinate with community resources/stakeholders to reduce high cost impacts of crisis on community system
- Provide weekly recovery coaching as follow up to those who choose peer support as part of their own recovery from mental illness and or substance abuse
- Community based peer support recovery group
- One on one Recovery Coaching (peer support)
- Support and assist with the development of self-directed wellness and recovery plans
- Act as a role model for wellness and recovery
- Provide whole health education and information
- Act as a catalyst for systems change
- Carry a message that “Recovery is Possible”
- Cultural shift from medical model to recovery model
- Community presentations on recovery and wellness
- Integration of peer services and trauma informed care community wide
- Development of peer services “toolkit”
- I got better awareness campaign
- Peer Employment Mentor Training March 17-21 2014 Fairmont Hot Springs THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL
- 30 schools recognised for mh programming
- Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs Harm Reduction Guide
- Montana Peer Support Task Force information can be found here
- Mental Health TV Episodes 1 & 2 are now available for viewing any time. View here
- SAMHSA defines “recovery”
- Suicide Prevention in MT DC Report
- Peer Support Recovery Groups in Butte, Bozeman, Great Falls, Missoula, Livingston, Helena, Helena BHU and Montana State Hospital
- Regular Podcasts on recovery and mental health in Montana
- Mental Health Blog page
- Member Book Recommendations
- Mental Health Recovery Documentary Click to view on our Facebook page It is the joint mission of The Children’s Mental Health Bureau, Family Support Network, Youth M.O.V.E, and Montana’s Peer Network to produce a documentary to raise awareness, diminish the stigma, promote recovery and educate Montana citizens about the challenges and rewards of living with mental health struggles. A variety of perspectives will be explored by presenting the real life stories of those impacted including youth, adults, and their caregivers. You can also send us a note if you are looking for copies.
- Dandelion – a vision of hope Early Childhood Development and the impact it has throughout our lifetime. Short film 25 minutes produced by MPN to raise awareness and stimulate dialogue. Contact us for a copy
Want to join MPN click here It’s free!