Peer Support 102
Peer Support 102 contains 6 standalone training modules that are offered throughout the year online. Courses with * are only available to certified BHPSS with at least six months work experience. Space is limited in each class, registration is required.
- BHPSS Ethics*
- Course explores ethics and how it is applied to the profession of Behavioral Health Peer Support Specialist. Including role plays, formation of boundaries, and best practices.
- Peer Leadership & Advocacy (PAL Project Training)
- Course is design for the development and enhancement of individual and network peer leadership and advocacy skills. How do we get a seat at the table, have our voice be heard and create real change.
- Suicide Intervention*
- Course provides further instruction for BHPSS who want to increase their effectiveness when working with those who may be experiencing suicide/self-harm.
- Best practices for clinical supervision*
- Coming in 2021
- Advance Psychiatric Directives (PAL Project Training)
- APD’s are an effective recovery tool for those with mental health challenges. Training provides detailed instruction for developing and registering an APD.
- Model for providing Peer Support*
- Course covers the 3 phases of providing peer support. Includes role plays and solutions for overcoming barriers. If you want to increase your effectiveness as a peer supporter this is the model for you.
- Recovery Program Must Haves
- Best practices for running a recovery program. Includes 7 domains, self-evaluation, and steps for moving forward. Bring you peer support services to the next level.