Recovery Coach Outreach Program
Recovery coaching is an outreach program that offers one-on-one emotional and social support in communities as a form of prevention designed to engage individuals in recovery before high end crisis services are required. If you feel like you need some added support to strengthen your recovery path or even find one, recovery coaching can support you in that decision. Recovery Coaching activities include:
- Non-judgmental active listening
- Wellness & Recovery Planning
- Building Recovery Skills
- Resourcing community services
- Strength Based Support
- Person Centered
- Emphasis on the 8 Dimensions of Wellness
The Butte Recovery Coach Program started in early 2018 and has grown to include several recovery coaches and a partnership with Montana Chemical Dependency Center (MCDC). Our Recovery Coaches in Butte, Bill Deveal, Michael Accardi, and Ashley McLean, are Certified Behavior Health Peer Support Specialists and are meeting with peers in groups and individually. Butte also has a Peer Support Specialist to Peer Support Specialist support group (check our events page for dates and times) that offers support for those working in the field without supervisors, employers, or peers.
Townsend’s Recovery Coach Program was spearheaded by Melinda Holom. Melinda is a Certified Behavior Health Peer Support Specialist who offers group support and one-on-one recovery coaching. The Townsend program started in early 2019 and is gaining momentum every day!
Contact Melinda at 406-521-0370 to set up an appointment.
Recovery Coaching Works!
The 2014 pilot project in Gallatin County produced a 5 to 1 cost savings for crisis services. In our current Recovery Coaching Program in Butte:
- 65% of clients receiving peer support said they would have or may have relapsed or self harmed if peer support had not been available that day.
- 60% of clients served reported their peer support was session was “very beneficial & supportive.”
- 30% of clients served said their peer support session was “above average.”
- 100% of clients identified “Emotional” as type of support provided.
This program is a missing link that is vital to our community (and many others) because it is Peers in recovery reaching out to other Peers who are struggling and need a ‘friend’ and a ‘coach’ to be with them to help guide them and give them hope along the way. They are able to make a difference in a way that a therapist or social worker isn’t able to, because they have a lived experience and can say, ‘I was where you are! There is hope!’
-Testimonial from the mother of a Recovery Coach Client
MPN is a Leader in Recovery Coaching!
MPN’s Recovery Coaching Program has been featured in webinars, national articles, statewide TV and more.
- National article on project Nat Con Mag 2016
- Montana-wide “Face the State” TV segment, Sept. 2017
- Two national webinars: Peers in Recovery Support Roles
- Presented at the North Dakota Recovery Conference 2014
- Presented Alternatives Conference 2015, Memphis, TN
- Presented at Peerpocolypse 2015 Seaside, Oregon
- Mental Health Policy Summit January 2016, Helena, MT
- Butte/Silver-Bow Local Advisory Council April 2017
Start a Recovery Coach Program in Your Community!
Interested in starting a Recovery Coaching Program in your community?
We can bring the program to any community through consulting services or a full program. To schedule and information session or discuss how Recovery Coaching can be implemented in your community, contact Jim.