Do I need professional liability insurance?

It can be advantageous to carry individual professional liability insurance, especially if you are working independently instead of as part of an organization. The National Association for Addiction Professionals ( offers a discounted rate for individual professional liability insurance plans. NAADAC members are able to access insurance that is offered through American Professional Agency, Inc.  (Memebrship in NAADAC is $94.00 a year, with additional discounts for students and retired and military individuals.)  Insurance rates start at $32 and increase depending on the amount of coverage. You can call  American Professional Agency, Inc. by phone at 1-800-421-6694 x 2265 or email at includes the program highlights of the CBHPSS coverage. You can also apply for the insurance right from the website. It is easy to navigate.  It is a great way to invest in yourself and the recovery movement and increase your professionalism!