Emotional CPR (eCPR) is an educational program designed to teach people to assist others through an emotional crisis by three simple steps:
Connecting, emPowering, Revitalizing
eCPR is based on the principles found to be shared by several support approaches: trauma-informed care, counseling after disasters, peer support, emotional intelligence, suicide prevention, and cultural attunement. It was developed with input from individuals across the U.S., who have learned how to recover and grow from emotional crises. They have wisdom by the grace of first-hand experience.
The Connecting process of eCPR involves deepening listening skills, practicing presence, and creating a sense of safety for the person experiencing a crisis.
The emPowering process helps people better understand how to empower themselves as well as to assist others to feel hopeful and engaged in life.
In the Revitalizing process, people re-engage in relationships with their loved ones and their support system. They resume or begin routines that support health and wellness which reinforces the person’s sense of accomplishment, further energizing the healing process.
- Assist individuals in transforming anger and rage into passion and strength
- Inspire motivation and change
- Help others tap into their courage and power
- Reframe crisis as opportunity
- Encourage the people they serve to take steps in the direction of their dreams
- Learn the importance of taking care of themselves so that they can support others
- Facilitate the other persons access to inner wisdom
No eCPR trainings scheduled at this time. Contact Amanda for more informaiton.