To apply for certification, you must:
- Complete a 40 hour peer support education program (within the last 5 years). The program must include an exam and verification must be sent to the Board by the training provider. You can get your training from MPN. Check our Events Calendar for upcoming training.
- Submit the Supervisor Agreement and Supervision Plan.
- Attest that you have a behavioral health disorder.
- Submit a Legal and Health History Content Form
- Provide a narrative that outlines the recovery program from the behavior health disorder.
- Complete the fingerprint/background check process (includes a fee of $27.25 to the Montana Department of Justice).
- Pay a licensure fee of $125.
Certification must be renewed yearly and expire on December 31 each year.
- Complete 20 hours of continuing education and submit proof of completion. (May be less if certifying after July 1.)
- Maintain clinical supervision documentation.
- Attest to continued recovery (no periods of incarceration, hospitalization, ot inpatient admission related to behavioral health disorder).
- Pay licensure fee.
Additional information is available from the Board of Behavioral Health.