Become a member
We’d love to have you!
We are a network of individuals who are on the path of recovery. We identify as being in recovery from a mental health, substance abuse and or addiction struggles. Together we share information, provide peer support, advocate with a united voice and improve the system. We come from places all across Montana, with different stories and experiences but together we make a difference. This is the Recovery Movement in Montana.
If you want to become part of the recovery movement and join MPN, read the membership options below and then scroll down to complete the membership form:
Start a peer group or program in your community
How to start a peer support group in your community:
- It only takes two people to start a support group so find another person who is interested in peer support. If you have more, wonderful. Eight is the ideal number
- Agree with other attendees on some ground rules for the meeting. What can and cannot be discussed. Keep it positive and recovery focused
- Find a location that is safe, conveniently located and free of charge
- Agree on a time and day of the week that works well for both of you. Usually peer support meetings last 1 hour
- Contact your local paper about a free listing for your support group
- Make up a few flyers to post on free community bulletin boards around town
- Show up to the meeting on time and keep it consistent. This is very important
- Warmly welcome every new person to the meeting
- Each meeting should have an introduction and a closing. This should be read each time without exception. Keep a format for the meeting lets people know what the meeting is about, the format, the topic, and when it is over.
- Don’t forget to smile
Building a peer program
If you need hands on assistance building or enhancing peer services Montana’s Peer Network offers consulting services at reasonable prices customized to fit your needs. Contact Executive Director Jim Hajny at 406-551-1058 or email@example.com.
For a list of current peer groups in Montana, please see our “Peer Support Groups in Montana” page
Become an affiliate
As part of our strategic plan MPN is currently developing community based affiliates across Montana. These affiliates are run by people in recovery for people in recovery.
Activities of affiliates: any combination
- Recruit new members
- Disseminate recovery materials
- Facilitate a peer support group
- Attend LAC meetings
- Relay information to and from MPN office
- Host trainings and presentations
- Pursue funding for local affiliate
- Build a strong community voice for people in recovery
- Outreach locally to those in need
- Address community issues
Expectations of affiliates:
- Outreach to local members
- Hold monthly recovery meetings
- Chair and co-chair (no Board)
- Serve on the MPN membership committee and if elected on the BOD
- Member voice
- Discuss local issues and develop a plan of action
- Presentations and trainings on recovery
- Chair and co-chair (no Board)
- Finances would all filter through the MPN office -unless a business entity is established
- Submit meeting notes and sign in sheet to MPN office for Board of Directors
- MPN office will relay information monthly to the affiliates
- Hold trainings and presentations
If you are interested in developing an affiliate in your community or if your recovery organization would like to become an affiliate of MPN please contact Dee Romine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Board of Directors
We are currently recruiting board members for our Board of Directors. This position requires high speed internet access for video conferencing and regular email communication. If you are interested please complete an application and return it to the office or a current board member. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. 406-551-1058 – email@example.com
Is Montana’s Peer Network currently hiring?
MPN is not currently hiring. Thank you for your interest!
You can donate via Paypal by clicking here or send us a check at: Montana’s Peer Network 109 East Lewis St. Livingston MT 59047
Thank you for your support!